First dates are both exciting and nerve-wracking. Obviously, you want to bring your ‘A’ game and have everything go according to plan. So, what exactly warrants the most thought and planning? We believe it’s the restaurant. Should you make it easy on yourself and opt for the local hot spot you’ve frequented countless times? On the other hand, is it best to think of places based off of both of your interests? Take a look at our five tips for picking the best restaurant for a first date:
- Be open to trying something different – We all have our go-to lunch places and dinner places in town. Just for kicks, let’s say that you love burgers. In fact, you could name the top 10 local burger joints and not think anything of it. Nothing is stopping you from taking your date to one of them. Then out of nowhere, you learn they absolutely hate burgers. Not an ideal situation, right? The lesson here is to communicate when choosing the type of food to enjoy. Do neither of you seem to like the same foods? Not to worry. It can be fun when both of you try something completely different.
- Double-check the prices – Are you looking for something a little fancier? Just be sure to pick a place that won’t cost an arm and a leg. The last thing you want is to put yourself in a financial bind just because you wanted to impress your date. Pro tip: Pick somewhere that shows a little about your personality and creativity. Not only will this make you feel more comfortable, but it gives you something else to talk about during dinner.
- Check reviews – Maybe you’re totally stumped and have no idea where to go for your dinner date. Should this happen, go ahead and browse online for highly rated restaurants. You’ll probably have a nice list to work with in no time.
- Think about location – Let’s say that you and your date live about 30 minutes away from each other. Ideally, the place you choose should be somewhere between you two. A good rule of thumb is that if the restaurant is too far out of the way, it’s probably not the best choice.
- Book a reservation – Both of you are incredibly busy. As it turns out, the only time that really works is Friday night. Avoid walking into your restaurant of choice and assuming you’ll get a table for two at this busy time. Do yourself a favor and call ahead to see if you can book a reservation.
Premier Fine Dining in St. Louis
Have you considered a gourmet restaurant for your first date? Then we invite you to check out Wild Flower Restaurant & Catering. What makes Wild Flower so different? Let’s start with the fact that our restaurant sits in the trendy Central West End neighborhood. Customers keep coming back thanks to the combination of a charming atmosphere and delectable menu. Plus, we have dishes to satisfy all tastes.