Valentine’s Day is less than two weeks away. That means a nice dinner somewhere is likely in the cards. Sure, you and your significant other could go to the same restaurant for the umpteenth time. On the other hand, maybe this is the year the two of you finally mix things up a bit. But with countless restaurants in the St. Louis area, how do you know where to even start? Keep reading for several tips on how to choose a restaurant for this special evening.
- Consider the atmosphere – Valentine’s Day probably isn’t the best time to go to a place where noise could be an issue. After all, you and your sweetheart deserve a few hours to yourselves. Make it a point to pick a place where you both can really connect. Ideally, the restaurant should reach a certain level of sophistication. Lighting and ambiance also come into the equation here. Lastly, choose a spot where the both of you feel comfortable.
- Have an open mind about the menu – We all have favorite restaurants that we go to over and over again. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. That said, Valentine’s Day is the perfect opportunity to try something a little different. Think about taking your date somewhere new and exciting this year. Chances are that they’ll appreciate the fact that you took the time planning something more spontaneous than usual.
- Go somewhere that accepts reservations – Nothing ruins Valentine’s Day quite like long wait times at a crowded restaurant. That’s why our staff recommends making a reservation now. Should you wait until a few days before Valentine’s Day to do so, you could be out of luck.
What Makes Our Fine Dining Restaurant Special
Wild Flower Restaurant & Catering makes it easy to choose the perfect restaurant for Valentine’s Day. Our staff brings together a seamless mix of American gourmet dining with a casual atmosphere.
Here is just a sampling of what you can order for your special dinner:
- Drinks – Wild Flower has an extensive list of specialty cocktails such as mojitos and martinis. We invite you to take a look at our cocktail menu before coming in for dinner.
- Appetizer – Start the evening off with the always popular Calamari Fritti. This app is flash fried and tossed in a classic pesto. The Calamari Fritti is served with Peperonata and Moroccan olives.
- Salad – Our Organic Spinach Salad features organic baby spinach, golden raisins, toasted walnuts, and gorgonzola tossed in a delicious balsamic and dijon vinaigrette.
- Entree – Filet mignon and Valentine’s Day go hand in hand. The Best Filet dish includes an 8 oz. tenderloin of beef cooked to perfection along with fingerling potatoes, broccolini, and mushroom Madeira with golden raisins.
- Dessert – All of our desserts are housemade and add the final touch to a memorable meal.
If you’ve been searching for more than just another restaurant on Valentine’s Day, come on into Wild Flower. When it comes to lunch places and dinner places in St. Louis, we rank right near the top. See why so many people call Wild Flower Restaurant the best lunch spot and the best brunch spot as well.