It’s easy to get into a rut on Mother’s Day. Most of us give Mom flowers, chocolate, or jewelry. While these are certainly thoughtful gifts, maybe this is the year you mix things up a bit. Why not treat Mom to a brunch she will remember for years to come? Here are some tips for planning the perfect Mother’s Day brunch:
- Set the table – This is a special day, so don’t hesitate to use a tablecloth for the occasion. It’s not a bad idea, either, to use a protective padded liner to prevent spills and scratches from the table. Another pro tip here: use the best glasses, plates, and silverware you have. Mom will appreciate the extra effort!
- Add a centerpiece – No fine dining experience is complete without a beautiful centerpiece. There are a number of options to choose from this time of year. We recommend anything from white calla lilies to green hanging amaranthus. Another idea is to purchase Mom’s favorite flowers, make them the centerpiece, and then have her take them home to plant in her garden.
- Combine new with old – Don’t have quality stemware? Not to worry. With the right presentation and some creativity, you can still impress Mom. For example, think about pairing mismatched thrifted dinner and salad plates with your highest quality stemware. These one-of-a-kind place settings will be an absolute hit during Mother’s Day brunch.
- Create place cards – Perhaps you have aunts, sisters, cousins, and grandmas also attending your Mother’s Day brunch. In this case, it’s a good idea to print your own place cards with a cardstock and a fun font. Remember to add “Happy Mother’s Day” to the card for each mother attending.
- Have gifts ready – It never hurts to set up a favors table where the mothers attending can take their pick of bath bombs, scented candles, recipe cards, and desserts.
Mother’s Day Brunch at Wild Flower Restaurant
Maybe you’re too busy and just can’t see yourself planning an entire Mother’s Day brunch. Not a problem! We invite you to stop by Wild Flower Restaurant in St. Louis for Mother’s Day brunch from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Our staff is proud to offer free range eggs with no hormones, as well as gluten-free options on just about everything. Does your party have any other dietary restrictions? Simply let us know when you book your reservation and we will accommodate everyone. Here are some of the menu items that make Wild Flower the best brunch spot in the Central West End:
- Smoked salmon scramble – Enjoy delicious smoked salmon, cream cheese, red onions, and capers paired with breakfast potatoes and your choice of an English muffin, bagel, or toast.
- Country style benedict – Biscuits, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, sausage gravy, and cheddar cheese. Need we say more?
- Apple walnut pancakes – Does Mom prefer sweet over savory? With these pancakes, our Granny Smith apples and walnuts are mixed into the batter and griddled to perfection.
Whether you’re searching for the best lunch places, dinner places, or brunch spots in St. Louis, be sure to check out our award-winning gourmet restaurant. Call now to book your party’s Mother’s Day reservation.